Witajcie! Welcome!

Before you start reading, I advise you to switch to your preferred langauage - either Polish (tag: polski) or English (tag: English). You can also choose the country or city (caution: Oslo tag refers both to Polish and English languages). Enjoy. Feel free to comment and ask questions.

Zanim zaczniesz czytać, sugeruję wybranie etykiety: polski, która wyświetli wszystkie posty pisane po polsku lub etykiety kraju lub miasta (ale uwaga! etykieta Oslo zawiera w sobie posty i po polsku i po angielsku). Miłego czytania i zachęcam do komentowania i zadawania pytań.

poniedziałek, 1 lutego 2010

Norway - Oslo, 1st day

The day in Oslo started bad. ATMs refused to cooperate with my card. I got a debit card at Alior Bank, but all the transactions were refused cause ATMs thought my Maestro card is credit card actually. My friend's card worked well, btw. After 4 hours of looking for the ATM and international calls to Alior infoline (I don't want to think how much I'll pay for that! and besides, their infoline sucks... I called for few times and all I really could get from them was "you have to look for an ATM which will accept your card") I finally found an ATM that worked - it was Spare Bank 1 Oslo on... well for me, Storgata street (Opposite is Storgata 26, the receipt says: Hammersborggt. 2 and the Google Map shows it too, but for me it was just on the other side (odd numbers) of Storgata street). Anyway, map included. As you can see, it's not so far from the Central Station.


Show Hammersborggata 2 on bigger map

Then we finally checked-in the Oslo Budget Hotel on Prinsens gate 6. Make no mistake, NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL. It's old, shaking when the busses/trams get by (and they do often), smelly, with ruined micro bathrooms (the shower is hanging over the hole in the floor).

We slept for 2 hours, tired with the ATM-finding-quest. Then we went for an evening walk. We went to see the Opera - it's really beautiful. The glass, the lights in the night... a view really worth to see. And on the side you can see workshops related to costume-styling. Some people still worked then.

Oslo Opera
Oslo Opera
Oslo Opera wigs

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz